Monday, August 8, 2011

Back to cycling...


I would not have completed the Wildflower Triathlon without the training and support from my Team in Training comrades. I had never participated in a Half-Ironman before, and Wildflower is one of the toughest. I had a good swim in Lake San Antonio, I even felt good riding up "Nasty Grade," yet I did end up walking up the hills during the half-marathon as my legs started cramping up. But I finished! Yay! The whole camping thing with this event turned out to be a blast and everyone: participants, spectators, and volunteers, were there to have fun. And we did. =)

So, with a triathlon under my belt this year, it's time to focus on my cycling again as I get ready for Levi's Gran Fondo in October and Solvang's Finest Century in November. More miles to come....


No comments:

Post a Comment