Sunday, February 28, 2010

Thank god for Lycra!


One of the benefits of getting into a hobby like cycling is that you have an excuse for buying some REALLY COOL stuff. I thought it was just me, but when I talk with my cycling buddies, we talk about our STUFF. We get excited about trying out a new pair of socks. "How warm will my feet be today with these new socks...I can't wait to find out..." is what we are thinking. I will spend extra time inspecting every inch of Sports Basement, looking for those hidden gems as if I am plowing a field (they actually re-arrange their store every week or so. On purpose). Even more fun (for me) is ORGANIZING my stuff to make certain I have all of my stuff when I need it. And then having all of the right pouches, and zip-lock bags to keep my stuff in. So I took a picture of my stuff to get you excited too. Perhaps only cycling people will look at this photo and start drooling, or admire my organization, so you'll have to take my word for it.

But the coolest thing of all, especially for those of us who really need it, is LYCRA. Those cycling shorts are made of a fantastic body shaping material that gives us some hope of at least looking like we have a "hard body." My tushie would have a tendency to hang over the back of my saddle (sad but true) but Lycra cures that problem INSTANTLY. It's a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment